Delivery Available Throughout Ireland & The U.K.
Call: 01 903 8769
Our Partners: Engagementgifts.ie | Engagement Gifts
Messing up on your big day is one of the easiest things to do and there is no going back to re-do it. We found the most common mistakes that most couples make when planning their wedding day.
2. Doing your own makeup – A wedding day is one of the biggest days in your life, it’s not a random Saturday night down in the local boozer. You’re the star of the show so splash out on a makeup artist, as this is the day you will be photographed more times than you can count. So ladies, leave this one to the professionals.
3. Having too many bridesmaids – This can be a stressful decision to make if you have more people than is physically possible to be your bridesmaids. Sisters make the best decisions, but if you are asking friends be careful not to choose more than 3. More than 3 opens up so many more troubles for you plus there is the cost of buying all those dresses.
4. Getting a cheap photographer – If you have opted out of a videographer due to costs, please take our advice on this one and get a good, quality photographer for your big day. These pictures should be of good quality as they will be cherished for years to come.
5. Dragging out the speeches – You want everyone to enjoy your day and not be bored by dragged out speeches. Also speeches before the meal can annoy your hungry guests so try doing them in between meals or after.
6. Not organising late night transfer – if your reception is in a remote location or in another town from where you and your guests live, you might want to organise transport after the wedding is over. The last thing you want is for your guests to feel stranded and stressed.
7. Borrowing money – There is nothing more stressful than being married and in debt. After the fairy tale wedding and wonderful honeymoon is over, no one wants to see a big fat bank bill come in the letterbox. Try saving as much as you can before the big day, we promise you won’t regret it.
8. Jetting off on honeymoon right away – Back in the day, the couple would jet of during the wedding and leave the guests to party the night away, thank god this is a thing of the past. Still couples hit the road the next day, but let the dust settle and relax and push it out a couple of days, you will thank us later.
9. Skipping the wedding cake – The wedding cake is a statement and centerpiece of any wedding reception. A wedding cake is a must but remember not to cut it too early as people might still be full from the wedding dinner.
10. Not researching the DJ – This is a big no no, the DJ has a crucial role to set the tone for the night and if you don’t research them before the wedding night, it’s curtains for you. There is nothing more embarrassing than an empty dance floor at a wedding.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.